Frequently Asked Questions
Which cottages have ceiling track hoists?
- Birch hoist goes to the wash basin.
- Chestnut, Hazel, Oak, Pine, Poplar, Walnut and Willow hoists go to the shower.
- Elm, Hawthorn and Maple hoists go over the toilets.
- Elm has a second hoist in the other downstairs bedroom that goes to a bath.
- Holly is a H tracking system so can go anywhere in the bedroom and bathroom.
Do you supply slings?
No, residents need to bring their own sling to attach to the ceiling and portable hoists.
Can you walk to the local shops/pub?
Can people without disabilities stay at Brickhouse Farm Cottages?
Yes, we welcome everyone to stay with us.
Are new prices available yet?
Can we have a BBQ?
Is there elderly or disability aids available at the cottages?
What if I forget something i need?
Skiggle is a self-funded, non-profit on-line community that was launched 17.08.16 by a mother whose young son, with Cerebral Palsy is the inspiration behind the idea. Their aim is to help people, of all ages, who are involved with disabilities either in a personal or professional capacity. Their primary goal is to create a mutual support network for users to provide each other with practical help. They achieve this through the creation of an online SOS solution system for care-based essentials where members can request immediate assistance in unforeseen circumstances. Follow this link for more information: https://skiggle.co.uk